Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Talk About Me!

I'm really excited to join my first linky correctly!  I tried to do one last week and totally screwed it up :/  Thankfully Grace over at First Grade's Hoot watches out for me!  
With that being said, I hope you are ready to learn all about me!

1.  I am OBSESSED with frogs.  I have been for forever.  I love that every time someone sees something frog themed they immediately think of me!  I haven't gotten tired of frog themed gifts.  It's pretty cool seeing all the things you can find that have frogs.  Right now I'm on the look out for a frog tea set, so if you find one let me know!!!

2. I am bi-racial and love it!  My dad is Indian (by way of Trinidad and Tobago) and my mom is African-American.  I enjoyed experiencing both heritages while growing but have had a hard time identifying solely with one. I do think it's fun that people have a hard time figuring out my ethnicity.  It makes me feel exotic! 

3.  This will be my 10th year teach (holy cow!!).  I currently teach 3rd grade and have for 7 years.  I taught 4th grade for 2 years and wasn't a fan.  My third graders have just the right amount of sassiness but still have a huge admiration for me.  They definitely make me feel like a rockstar!

4. I love, love, LOVE White House Black Market!!!  We have a very unhealthy relationship but I wouldn't give it up for the world! Everything I try on in that store agrees so well with me that I have only walked out twice without buying something.  If you have not yet experienced WHBM, you need to.  My co-workers joke that I am a walking billboard for the store.  When ever they see me in something new they ask if it's White House.

5. I never leave home without my Chi.  I have naturally curly hair (Ha! I sound like Frieda from Charlie Brown) but I'd rather wear it straight.  So, I straighten my hair every week!  I know there are so many ladies with straight hair who would kill for curly hair but I hate the up keep of my hair.  It's soo much easier to just straighten it and leave it!  I straighten my hair so much that my nieces didn't know my hair was naturally curly!  They fought me on it until I showed them a picture.

6. I can sit and watch the ID Channel for HOURS!  I love Deadly Women, Who the bleep Did I Marry?, Wicked Attractions, and so on.  Actually, I can sit and watch TV for hours!  TV is one of my many weaknesses.  Besides the ID Channel, I love Duck Dynasty, New Girl, America's Got Talent, Hell on Wheels, Melissa and Joey, and so much more!!  My all-time favorite show however, is Big Bang!  I watch all the re-runs and have all the seasons on DVD.  Sheldon is my favorite! BAZINGA!

7.  Food is another weakness of mine.  I love all kinds of food, especially snack foods.  My oldest brother lives in Michigan (near Detroit) and they have the best donughts! Oh and there is this place called "The Bread Basket" that has THE BEST corned beef and pastrami sandwiches.  I swear I ate there every day when I visited for the 4th of July.  Besides those I love pizza, Doritos, burgers, pasta, anything fattening basically...I need to break this!

8.  Even though I am a big TV watcher, I'm not a movie watcher.  I've never seen Titanic. I've never watched The Notebook in its entirety.  I don't know why, but it's always been tough for me to just sit and watch a movie.  I use to really enjoy scary movies but even those don't excite me anymore.  I'm not big in to romcoms but I do enjoy a good kids' movie here and there.  I have seen all of the Toy Story movies and am really excited to see Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University, when they come on demand!

9. If I'm not watching TV, I'm reading.  I read anything I can get my hands on. I really like children's lit because I like knowing what the kids are reading these days.  I also really like historical fiction, especially Phillippa Gregory.  I'm really excited that Starz is doing a mini-series on her book "The White Queen".  I find the Tudor-Era fascinating and read as much as I can about the time period.  I also read teaching books.  This summer I read Growing Readers, The Art of Teaching Reading, Revisiting the Reading Workshop, The Daily 5, and The Next Step in Guided Reading. Do you see a theme here?

10. I LOVE Toms!  If I could wear them every day I would. Oh wait!  In the winter I did!  Haha! I think I have about 6 pairs and want, no NEED, to add more to the collection.  I just saw that they came out with a pair that is covered with flags from around the world....they would look so great on my feet!  :)

I hope you enjoyed learning about me!  See you tomorrow! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment